[mod_python] [SPAM] Setting a variable

Gregory Jones gjones at agroup.com
Tue Jul 18 10:56:01 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I had a quick question. I come from the mod_perl world to the mod_python
world. I am really enjoying mod_python and wanted to thank everyone who
has put all the work into it. It is fun! Now, on to the question. I am
curious how to set a variable inside the httpd.conf file. In mod_perl I
could use PerlSetVar and then call that variable inside perl.

Example:

PerlModule My::Module
<Location /module>
    PerlSetVar my_variable 'variable value' ### This is what I am
looking for
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler My::Module
    PerlSendHeader Off
</Location>

I looked through the documentation and searched the mailing list and
didn't find any information on doing this same thing with mod_python.
It, of course, doesn't mean it isn't there. Thanks!

--
Greg Jones
The A Group
gjones at agroup.com