[mod_python] Simple Issue, Baffling

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Jan 26 17:13:18 EST 2006

Jim Steil wrote:
> I have what I think is a similar problem.  My app works just fine with
> IE, but when I try to get at it with FireFox, I see my HTML source
> instead of my app.  I'm really new to all this, so it may not be
> related.  But, I'm watching for a resolution as I'm hoping it will clue
> me in to what I'm doing wrong as well.  It happens to me with Firefox 1.5.

Have you tried to validate your page at the W3C?

  http://validator.w3.org/

I've seen IE render HTML that was placed entirely in an img alt
attribute. Clearly, this is wrong. A little validation can go a long way
towards pointing out simple HTML coding errors and improving cross
browser reliability. Be grateful that Firefox will indicate problems.

As for the original issue, there is also a CSS validator:

  http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

This is a must for troubleshooting stylesheet problems.