[mod_python] Different scripts with same names and sys.path confusion

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Jan 20 15:52:57 EST 2006

On 21/01/2006, at 4:52 AM, Jure Vrscaj wrote:

> My system specs are:
> - redhat linux
> - httpd-2.0.46-54.ent (apache2.0)
> - python-2.2.3-6.1
> - mod_python-3.0.3-5.ent
> - handler: mod_python.publisher
>
> I would use Vampire, but couldn't get it to work on python2.2.

Nicolas pointed out that mod_python 3.2 will solve the problem you
are having with
mod_python.publisher. Be aware though that mod_python 3.2 requires
you to have
at least Python 2.3 or some things will not work. Vampire similarly
has a requirement
for Python 2.3 (although I didn't think it did), so either way you
would have to upgrade.

Thus the only workable solution if you have to use Python 2.2, is the
PythonInterpreter
directive that Nicolas also pointed out.