[mod_python] PYC download prompt

Sean Jamieson sean at barriescene.com
Fri Jan 20 12:27:54 EST 2006

Graham Dumpleton wrote:

>Sean Jamieson wrote ..
>

>>Has anyone else run into the problem, that when there is some unknown
>>error with mod_python it spits out the .pyc version of your source code?
>>either that or gives a File Not Found (rather than a useful error)?
>>
>>I have a source that is working fine on my laptop:
>>Apache/2.0.54 (Ubuntu) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.4.2
>>and my dev server has the same setup...
>>
>>What happend when I copied the source to my dev server was:
>>1) I got a Not Found error
>>2) I refreshed
>>3) I was given the .pyc for the file requested
>>
>>again, this works fine on my laptop which is using the same
>>OS/apache/python/mod_python
>>there maybe some minor differences in apache config, but nothing that I
>>know of which would affect mod_python.
>>
>>Can anyone give me a clue as to where I should try looking?
>>

>One can get wierd things like this happening if you have MultiViews
>enabled and are using URLs which have no extensions.
>
>So for starters try using:
>
>  Options -MultiViews
>
>in your Apache configuration and see if things change.
>
>Also, what handler are you using, your own, mod_python.publisher
>or something else? It is possible that you might be hitting one of
>the issues since fixed in mod_python 3.2.
>
>Graham

Puiblisher, and yes, I realized that the .pyc being sent was a result of
MultiViews later on. My main issue now, is that my codebase which runs
fine on my laptop, does not run on my development server; both are
running the same software.

I've been trying to find some key difference in apache's configuration
that may cause it, but alas, no matter how much I copy it doesn't work.

This is rather serious, as I have a client waiting to see this thing,
this afternoon.

Sean