[mod_python] openbsd mod_python

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Jan 19 12:35:13 EST 2006

Michael Steinfeld wrote:
> I am running OpenBSD 3.8 powerpc
> I compiled installed apache2.2.0 with enable .so
> I added python 2.4.1 via pkg_add
> I downloaded mod_python 3.1.4 compiled with apxs

Please use apache 2.0.x instead. You may also want to try the latest
mod_python beta, which may contain important fixes.

No version of mod_python is compatible with apache 2.2, yet. Get it
working with 2.0 before you attempt to tackle these compatibility
issues. The python-dev list is definitely interested in any
contributions or patches that will preserve compatibility between Apache
2.x versions.

It's also nice to hear from an OpenBSD user, but since that platform is
heavily tweaked, it's useful to test installation on another platform
for comparison, to flag OpenBSD-specific issues.