[mod_python] How do you use mod_python?

courtney ludwin courtneyludwin at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 11:02:12 EST 2006

About a week and a half ago I bloged about my setup:
http://2centspoorer.blogspot.com/2006/01/creating-your-own-modpython-request.html

I use a handler that acts like a dispatcher to do 3
things:
1) map url's to resources
  (this matches the urls with the python code that
hits the db and fills a cheetah template).
2) do all the boilerplate req.headers and req.write
type stuffs
3) handle my sessions.
  (I've been using mod_python since back in the day
when sessions were not part of the project and
Grisha's std response was persist them to a db. -- so
i did and it works great.)

http://socallocal.com/ was a site that I worked on
about a year ago but never had time to finish or
promote (it gets no traffic) cause I accepted a
position working at a startup.  It was ment to be like
a classified ads type site but I used it to flush out
many of my design ideas.  All the content on
socallocal.com is dynamic and driven off of mysql (w/
some caching where needed).

The site is actually very fast even tho I run it off
my home pc (p3 900) but I have a slow DSL connection
so it may seem not that fast.

Thanks,
Courtney