[mod_python] How do you use mod_python?

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:50:32 EST 2006

Some time ago there was a post (I think by Grisha) asking "why are you
using mod_python?". It would be interesting to see answers from many
users to a related question, _how_ do you use mod_python?

A little more specifically, the various ways of using mod_python that
I have in mind (which list is very much limited by my knowledge)
include

(1) writing custom handlers for every new project
(2) writing a universal handler which serves various unrelated projects
(3) using the publisher handler for every project
(4) tweaking the publisher handler for every new project in different ways
(5) using the publisher for some of the projects but writing new
handlers for others

And of course there could be many more ways of using mod_python that
just didn't come into my mind at the moment or don't even know about
it.

So, after all, how do you use mod_python?