[mod_python] reg editor doubt

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:21:58 EST 2006

This question would be more appropriate on the python discussion
group, but the answer is, it depends. Python is a very dynamic
language and it is not easily possible to determine what methods are
in a particular object. Some editors do a reasonably good job at this,
others do not. If you try a dot after an object in your editor and it
displays nothing, you either disabled the feature somewhere, or the
editor has no idea what methods the object has. You can look at the
options/preferences in your editor to rule out the first, but there's
not much you can do if it's outside the functionality of your editor,
other than try another editor (and no editor is perfect.)

-Dan