[mod_python] moin moin setup.py cannot be executed

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Tue Jan 17 11:47:07 EST 2006

This is not a moinmoin list. You are more likely to get better responses
by using one of their forums. They might even have a wiki. :)

aditama kun wrote:
> i am using mod python together with my moinmoin
> packages. The installation of apache, python, mod
> python succeed(By looking at apache panel that showing
> apache, mod python and python @status bar).
>
> the problem is when i executed these command
>
> c:\python setup.py --quiet install --prefix="C:\moin"
> --record=install.log
>
> i have added the python path at environment variables,
> the problem is he can't find the setup.py, even i have
> added these line in the moin.cgi into like this :
>
> sys.path.insert(0, 'C:/moin')
>
> anyone know the problem???

There could be any number of problems with the command you show above.
Is your python binary really c:\python? Does your current working
directory contain setup.py? Do you have a valid reason for specifying a
different location with --prefix?

If you have a sane setup and proper permissions, you are likely to have
better results with the default:

  python /path/to/setup.py install --record=install.log

Watch the error messages and look at the log to see what might be the
problem.