[mod_python] Pattern Based Frameworks

Richard Smith richard at voip.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 21:28:48 EST 2006

Hey guys and gals,

I'm doing some research into open source pattern based frameworks for
Mod_Python...

Now the reason I'm posting to this list and not googling is quite simple.
The frameworks have to adhere to the following 3 rules:

No bloat: No unneccessary libraries/modules/support. Just a simple pattern
based request handler architecture.

No dependancy on any specific components: so Cheetah/CherryPy/Quixiote et al

Pure mod_python: the framework was built to work on mod_python alone. Any
subsequent contributions that allow it to work on other execution models but
are not a core part of the source are allowed.

Must be pattern based (Observer, singleton, MVC etc)

Must use realtime rendering of templates rather than a pre-compiled template.

I know this is a fairly tall order on the stakes of things, and hence why
I've had considerable difficulty in locating such frameworks.

I'd love to discuss onlist what people think of the various frameworks
available.

--
Richard Smith
Platform Engineer, VoIP.co.uk