[mod_python] urlopen permissions

Colin Bean ccbean at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 17:30:16 EST 2006

It looks like the 403 is being returned by Google, rather than your copy of
Apache.  I believe that Google has some rules designed to block web crawlers
/ scrapers under some circumstances.  One possibility would be that running
your script under apache changes something in the request headers that makes
Google block the request.  That's just a guess, though (and my knowledge of
Google's behavior is based on a project I did a couple of years ago; so take
it with a grain of salt).  Have you tried this code on some other URLs?
What kind of results do you get then?

hth,
-Colin