[mod_python] Re: child process XXXX still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Jan 3 17:08:56 EST 2006

Martin Blais wrote ..
> After much hacking (all day today), I added the explicit
> Py_EndInterpreter calls and it still hangs on destruction.
> Specifically, it hangs on PyImport_Cleanup() in Py_EndInterpreter().
> I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly which symbol makes it hang.  It
> seems to happen when cleaning the logging module.  I saw that logging
> register an atexit hook, tried to remove that, does not fix the
> problem.

Hmmm, you have gotten ahead of me. I was going to work out some code to
end each interpreter explicitly this morning.

One of the things I wanted to get from doing that was to determine which
of the named interpreters was it hanging on. Was it "main_interpreter"
or one of those for a virtual host? Knowing which interpreter it was might
give clues especially if that interpreter is loading odd Python code.

I need to refamiliarise myself with the code and get back to you on
other questions. I also really need to work out how to duplicate it in my
system. I have had it occur before occassionaly, but not recently, so
don't know which code triggers it. I can't see how just a 302 redirection
would cause a problem, but will try a few things.