[mod_python] Re: child process XXXX still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM

Martin Blais blais at furius.ca
Tue Jan 3 10:32:11 EST 2006

On 1/2/06, Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote:
> Maybe mod_python has to be a bit more orderly as far as how it ends
> interpreters. Ie., maybe it should end each interpreter it has created
> explicitly using Py_EndInterpreter().
>
> This though may be dependent on first getting changes described in:
>
>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-77
>
> incorporated. Specifically, the attachment:
>
>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12320489/grahamd_20051105.tar.gz
>
> Actually, this change may in itself fix the issue as it saves away the
> first interpreter state as "main_interpreter" and that will then be the
> interpreter state used to do the cleanup. This isn't the case at the
> moment.
>
> Can you apply that patch and see if things improve?
>
> Beyond that, as I suggest, maybe it needs to be more orderly and
> end each interpreter besides "main_interpreter" and then finally call
> Py_Finalize().

Hi Graham

I applied the patch at the link you mention, and it does not resolve
the issue.  The problem still occurs.

I read the discussion, and I gather from it that there is an issue
with using multiple interpreters.  This is my case: I have two
separate web apps using a python handler with different names.  I
suppose I don't have a choice, right?  I couldn't specify two
different apps in the same interpreter, if I have some globals in some
of the common imported modules?