[mod_python] mod_python and mod_dav

Troy Kruthoff tkruthoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 04:55:25 EST 2006

I'm trying to figure out the best way to add webdav capability to a
mod_python web app.   In short, I want to send/update calendar files
via calendar information stored in a database.  I've googled for
python based webdav server modules, and found 2, but the newest one
was last updated in 2000.

My first thought was to write something in C that allowed mod_python
to control mod_dav, but this looks tricky and looks like it will take
me too long and crush my ego by confirming that I suck at C.

Second thought is to dig up the wevdav RFC and make a webdav server
module that will work as a mod_python handler (or at least called from
one).

Third thought is to use a fixup handler.  This is where I'd really
like some feedback!  Can I (in a fixup) ascertain that the content
handler will be mod_dav, query the database, and write the requested
file to disk just before mod_dav is asked to push it to the client?

Thanks,

Troy