[mod_python] Apache crashing

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Feb 19 14:45:18 EST 2006

Suggested change is described in JIRA issue.

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-109

Quoting the page:

To avoid the problem, the only choice seems to be avoid calling
Py_Finalize() from the signal handler. The simplistic way of doing
this seems to be to add:

      if (child_init_pool)
          return APR_SUCCESS;

at the start of python_finalize(). This will mean that Py_Finalize()
is never called in child processes.

Graham