[mod_python] Problem with PSP and unicode

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Feb 14 10:21:03 EST 2006

I'm a bit unicode-ignorant - what should PSP do? The idea was that a
variable referred to in a PSP page would be an object that could stringify
itself by implementing a __str__(), but obviously this doesn't work with
unicode at all. But I'm not sure how self-representation works in the
unicode world...

Grisha

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Dan Eloff wrote:

> Actually I was just about to post a question about this. The psp generated
code surrounds everything with str() before writing it, so it doesn't work
with unicode at all.

-Dan