[mod_python] Re: Indentation problems with psp

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Dec 22 03:50:31 EST 2006

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Read:
>
>   http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2005-May/018102.html
>
> for starters and then search back through other past mailing lists posts by
> putting "PSP indenting" in the search box on the mod_python web site.
>
> Sorry for the short response, it is late here and I need my sleep.

What Graham would probably have said if his plans for world domination
via mod_wsgi had left him time is that basically each PSP "bracket pair"
of <% ... %> is expected to stand alone. It therefore isn't quite as
versatile as experience with (for example) Microsoft's ASP might have
led you to believe.

This isn't to say that PSP can't do everything you want it to, merely
that you need to adjust a slightly different programming paradigm to use
it successfully. One way yo proceed is to build a list of snippets and
then when you are finished emit the joined list as a string.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119