[mod_python] How do you know if the current request is an internal redirect?

Gavin Panella gavin at premolo.com
Fri Aug 18 09:49:47 EDT 2006

> > How do you know in your handler if this is an internal redirect?
> > req.prev is set to a req object even if there was no internal
> > redirect.
>
> In the main request req.main is None, and in a subrequest it points back to
> the main request, so just test if it's not None.

Actually, this isn't true, for me at least. I've been doing internal
redirections with mod_python 3.1.4 and Apache 2.0.58 on Linux and getting the
following:

Main request:
	req.main is None
	req.prev is None

Subrequest:
	req.main is None
	req.prev is not None

Perhaps that's fixed in a later version, or I have misunderstood something.
Additionally, when issuing req.internal_redirect(...), mod_rewrite does not
think it is a subrequest either ("RewriteCond %{IS_SUBREQ} true" does not
match).

Cheerio, Gavin.

--
Premolo Sàrl