[Fwd: Re: [mod_python] server shutdown [was] i beg...]

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Aug 18 06:15:01 EDT 2006

Richard Lewis wrote:
>>Richard Lewis wrote ..
> The implication of this is that I will no longer be able to release the
> handles at server shutdown, yes?...

When apache shuts down, your process ends. Any system handle in use by
your program will be released. If your database uses a socket or similar
mechanism (pipe, shared memory) for cummunications (I have yet to see a
database that doesn't), that connection will shut down as well. Result:
You will not leak database connections. Ever. So don't bother attempting
to clean that which would be cleaned up anyway.

--
Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation