[mod_python] For what session locking is? Do i need it whileusing MySQL?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Aug 11 02:56:17 EDT 2006

Norman Tindall wrote ..
> Hello Graham,
>     Could you please answer (if you know answer) on
>     http://modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2006-August/021787.html
>     http://modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2006-August/021788.html
>
>     There are few error in logic in module i posted there but it does`nt
> matter
>     I realy need to know if sessions based on MySQLSession class
>     locked.
>     Till this time noone answered.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Norman                            mailto:NormanTindall at zdisk.net

intimate with the details of the session classes and others would be better
able to answer. The person who might be able to best help is possibly still on
a bit of a trip away from home and only has occasional slow modem access. All
of the main developers have also been quite busy of late as well and so we
can't always give detailed answers.

Personally I still believe you would perhaps have been better of using the
work of others on MySQLSession class and not writing your own from scratch.
If you don't like the dict style interface, then simply embed the session class
in your own as a data member and provide an alternate wrapper to your
own liking which hides the dict style access. This way you benefit from the
existing session infrastructure and other existing code done by others for
MySQL and which has already been debugged.