[mod_python] sys.path

luby liao lubyliao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:15:39 EDT 2006

After I installed mod_python and tested it, it did not work.  I got a
'Internal Server' error.  The cause was that sys.path was incorrect.  I used
/usr/local/bin/python2.3 to build, but sys.path did not include
/usr/local/lib/python2.3..., instead, it included sub-directories of
/usr/lib/python2.3.  This problem is easily fixed by setting up soft links.
But I am curious as to how the build process determines the sys.path.  Any
enlightenment is appreciated.  cheers, Luby Liao