[mod_python] update from 3.2.8 to 3.2.10

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Aug 9 18:02:23 EDT 2006

Deron Meranda wrote ..
> On 8/9/06, Alex Greif <alex.greif at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I run apache2.0.55 with mod_python 3.2.8 currently and want to upgrade
> > to 3.2.10.
> >
> > is it ok to install 3.2.10 with configure make make install and
> > override the old files, or do I have to first remove the 3.2.8
> > installation somehow?

> You will probably need to restart your apache webserver regardless
> of operating system.

To be specific, you are best to run:

  apachectl stop
  apachectl start

Do not simply use 'restart' as on some versions of OS on some platforms,
eg. Mac OS X, Apache is unable to properly unload the mod_python.so
from the running Apache parent process and reload it. As a consequence
you end up with newer Python code files being used by child Apache
processes when they are started anew, but they will still have the older
mod_python.so in memory.