[mod_python] libxml2 and libxslt in mod_python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Aug 2 20:05:17 EDT 2006

Diego Guillen wrote ..
> My first impression is that mod_python's error reporting system is not
> as pleasant to use. I don't seem to get enough feedback when something
> goes wrong, and the error messages don't seem to point to the right
> version of the files, nor to the right line numbers.
>
> [It seems that the line numbers are shifted when you use logging, or
> when a statement spans over several lines]

Are you making changes to the files while Apache is running and not
actually restarting Apache?

If you are, then the line numbers being wrong and other related issues
may be accounted for by issues related to the module importing system.
This can result in different Apache child processes having different
versions of the module loaded and thus depending on which Apache
child process services the request, you may see reference to line numbers
within the file from what was actually an old copy of the file rather than
the most recent. This can be confusing and may give the impression
that it is shifting things around.

For a run down on a whole host of issues related to the module
importing system, read:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/articles/modpython-003.html