[mod_python] error: could not import mod_python.apache

Lee Brown administrator at leebrown.org
Fri Apr 21 08:27:13 EDT 2006

Greetings!

The reason why I asked you to check the owner status is that the owner of a
file or application is always fully-privileged for that file or application.
Ask your system administrator to log and in and try running your tests
again.  If it works when the administrator is the current user and it
doesn't work when you are the current user, then somewhere in the
apache/mod_python/python process there is a file that cannot be accessed by
an ordinary user.

If so, the quickest solution is for your administrator is to create a new
user group that has administrator-level privileges for all of apache,
mod_python, python, and the web document directories - all the stuff you
will be using.  He should then add your user to that group.

Best Regards,
Lee E. Brown
(administrator at leebrown.org)

  _____