[mod_python] Trouble getting mod_python to work

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Apr 20 07:46:18 EDT 2006

The Apache setup may be that they disallow you to even have a .htaccess
file. Make sure they aren't using:

   AllowOverride None

Ensure they have at least:

   AllowOverride FileInfo

This was mentioned in the getting started document I referred you to:
   If instead of the string "mptest.py" you see the actual source code

   contained in the file, or your browser asks you to save the response

   to a file and that file contains the source code, the main Apache
configuration

   may not be enabled so as to allow you to specify Apache handlers
in a ".htaccess"

   file. To enable this facility, edit your main Apache configuration
file and add in an

   appropriate location:

   <Directory /some/directory>
   AllowOverride FileInfo
   </Directory>
   Replace "/some/directory" with the absolute pathname to the
directory in which

   the ".htaccess" file is located. You will need to restart Apache
before this

   configuration change takes affect.

In your case it is a .psp file and not a .py file, but same issue
applies.

Graham