[mod_python] mod_python + apache + winxp => could not import mod_python.apache

cyberco cyberco at media2b.net
Tue Apr 11 10:58:12 EDT 2006

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your help so far.

 On 4/10/06, Jim Gallacher <jpg at jgassociates.ca> wrote:

> Hi Berco,
>
> I noticed that this message did not make it into the mod_python mailing
> list. Per our prior conversation, it looks like you subscribed as
> cyberco, but you are sending mail to the list as berco. I'm not a list
> admin and I'm not sure how the list is moderated, but as Grisha, our
> BDFL, is very busy it's possible that the message was simply dropped.
> That may even be the standard policy for mail from non-subscribed
> addresses.

 Right, I accidently sent it from the wrong email address. I resent it from
the correct one.

Anyway, you might want to consider installing 3.2.8. There weren't any
> really big changes from 3.2.5b that affected, but that was a beta after
> all.

 The change made no difference

I'm still scratching my head over this one, and I suspects it's
> something really simple we are both overlooking.

 I have the same feeling, but I'm running out of options :)

Could you try a quick import test from the command line and email me the
> output? Here is what I get:
>
> $ python
> Python 2.3.5 (#2, Nov 20 2005, 16:40:39)
> [GCC 4.0.3 20051111 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-4)] on linux2
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/psp.py", line 20, in ?
>     import apache, Session, util, _psp
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
> 29, in ?
>     import _apache
> ImportError: No module named _apache
> >>>

> The ImportError I get is the expected one as _apache refers to the
> actual Apache loadable module, which of course is not available from the
> command line interpreter. Any other ImportError indicates a different
> problem.
>
> Jim

 I get the same:
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

>>> import mod_python.psp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\psp.py", line 20, in ?

    import apache, Session, util, _psp
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\apache.py", line 28, in ?