[mod_python] mod_python / memcahced for on-the-fly rendering oflatex in html

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Apr 9 21:02:11 EDT 2006

Jay wrote ..
>     if s is None:
>         temp_doc = ''.join(temp_doc)
> -->     filter.write(main(temp_doc))
>         filter.close()
>
> I'm quite inclined to believe that I've something misconfigured, or my
> code is weak. I highly doubt that it's a mod_python problem per se.

Change the main() function:

def main(data):
    """
    Get the latex source; return a raw string for the webserver to send to the client

    Take the outgoing HTML and turn it into a python object.  Search the object for the
    in the global variable TYPES.  If there isn't anything to handle, return.  If there is,
    process it and return a pretty-ied raw string of HTML for the webserver to send to the client.

    Notes:  A working directory must be set via os.chdir so latex knows where to put its output
    """
    if not os.path.isdir(TEMPDIR):
        os.mkdir(TEMPDIR, 0755)
    os.chdir(TEMPDIR)
    soup = BeautifulSoup(data)
    equations = soup.fetch(TYPES)
    if not equations:
        # return

In other words, if there are no embedded equations, return the original
page content as is.