[mod_python] processing py-scripts with apache 1.3 and mod_python

Colin Bean ccbean at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:32:08 EDT 2006

For starters, try putting quotes around the path in the "Directory" section,
so:
    <Directory "/anydir/py/">

Also, chage "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher" to "SetHandler
mod_python.publisher".
Once you've done this, I don't beleive that you need the PythonPath
directive (since it is the same path as the publisher directory), nor the
"SetHandler python-program".

This doesn't really answer your question in depth, but I beleive that the
"SetHandler python-program" directive is only necessisary in older
versions(?) of mod_python, in which case you also needed to specify a
"PythonHandler" directive.  In your case, the line "SetHandler
mod_python.publisher" should be all that's needed.

Also, posting relevant snippets of your error logs will help us to diagnose
further problems.

HTH,
-Colin