[mod_python] Undescores, functions, classes, methods, and mod_python

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sat Sep 17 22:19:55 EDT 2005

If I understand correctly, in publisher, a leading '_' should be used to
protect functions from being accessed directly via url.

Currently, I am also naming classes with a leading '_' since trying to
load them directly throws an ugly error. (With debug on , at least.)

Methods inside classes do not seem to be at all accessible, so I am
naming them normally.

My question is what is the standard accepted and secure way of naming
all these things?

Thanks,
Steve