[mod_python] Automaticaly requesting "index.py/index"

Charlie Knudsen charlie.knudsen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:32:18 EDT 2005

 From looking at the headers returned by the below links it looks like
you have mod python 2.7.11 installed.  The 2.x series of mod python does
not call the index function by default like the 3.x series.  However
this would not be that difficult to add if you wanted to. You could
download the publisher handler code for the 3.x series for an example of
how this would be accomplished.  However adding the session management
and the PSP functionality will be a bit more work.

I am not the foremost mod_python expert, but I ran into this problem a
while ago and this is what I found.  You will notice that there is not
much movement for the 2.x version of mod_python any more.  If you want
to develop with mod_python and have Apache2 available I would switch to
the 3.x code.

Hope that helps,

Charlie