[mod_python] multiple requests to authenhandler for a single url

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Oct 6 10:14:22 EDT 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, reghigh wrote:

> Under this hypothesis one should have /x/y/x -> (/x, /x/y/x).
>
> However a quick check with /x/y/x shows this is not the case (this is also
> seen in the second example i give) since /x/y/x produces only one request

I think this will depend on whether /x/y/x directories actually exist. If
only the first x exists, then /x/y or /x/a/b/c/d/e are the same requests
since everything after /x is ignored (in CGI terms, it becomes path_info).

My guess is that the actual rule is - one call to authen for the Location
directive and then left to right for every actually existing directory on
your file system. Once the path stops matching actual directories, the
rest of the url is treated as path_info arguments.

Grisha