[mod_python] Publisher handler : 404 on html file (newbie)

Erdi Balint erdibalint at freemail.hu
Tue Oct 4 16:18:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've just tried my first publisher handler page with the following
configuration:

<Directory /var/www/modpython_test>
         Options -Multiviews
         SetHandler python-program
         PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
         PythonDebug on
</Directory>

If I have a bmath.html file in the /var/www/modpython_test directory,
than I get a 404 trying to query it (and any other file in this
directory, be it html or py script!). However, if I move this bmath.html
file to /var/www then everything works well, and I can even reach my
handler script basic_math.py sitting in /var/www/modpython_test like this:

<form action="modpython_test/basic_math/add" >

I've searched in the archives, but have only found:

"If mod_python picks the wrong module to import, a number of possible
faulures can happen, depending on subtlties of the configuration and the
nature of the module. You might get a blank page, or you might get the
text of the actual script dumped, or you might get an exception, or you
might get a 404."

But here it is only a plain html file that needs to be fetched, so no
module needs to be imported or anything. Why can't I put it into the
modpython_test directory?

Thank you for your answers,
Balint Erdi