[mod_python] Re: Calling APR optional functions provided by modules

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Wed Nov 23 18:08:08 EST 2005

Deron Meranda wrote:
> I went ahead and coded and tested patches to mod_python 3.2.5b

With documentation. Yeah!

> I don't know how contributed enhancements like this are normally
> handled, so I'm attaching the patch files to this email.  If they
> should instead go someplace else please let me know.

Create a JIRA issue and attach your files:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON

Discussion will most likely occur on the developer mailing list.
Subscribe to the python-dev at httpd.apache.org list by mailing
python-dev-subscribe at httpd.apache.org or access through gmane.org:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-python.devel

I think the larger issue that will need to be discussed is summed up
nicely in your original email:

 > I can see how it might be very hard to support optional functions in
 > general because of the C type linkage issue, but perhaps a select few
 > could be coded directly into mod_python.

The discussion then becomes which "select few" and how do we decide? You
just know that everyone will have their own favourites, and they'll all
be different. :)

Regards,
Jim