[mod_python] Re: Calling APR optional functions provided by modules

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:04:50 EST 2005

I went ahead and coded and tested patches to mod_python 3.2.5b
which allow access to many mod_ssl parameters in early request
phases.

I don't know how contributed enhancements like this are normally
handled, so I'm attaching the patch files to this email.  If they
should instead go someplace else please let me know.

Basically I added two new methods to the request object.

  req.is_https()
  req.ssl_var()

which will invoke the mod_ssl optional functions ssl_is_https()
and ssl_var_lookup().  They safely handle the case where
mod_ssl is not loaded or not available.

They also work perfectly fine from say the PythonAccessHandler
phase, whereas using subprocess_env does not.
--
Deron Meranda