[mod_python] ide's people are using..

Waitman Gobble waitman at waitman.net
Wed Nov 23 11:57:11 EST 2005

> wondering what ide's people are using for developing in mod_perl..
> anyone have any recommendations?

Hello Sergio,

Are we talking mod_perl or mod_python here?

Anyhow, I have used HomeSite on a daily basis for years. *Not the
half-baked version in DW, the stand-alone that was originally developed by
Nick Bradbury. I actually wish his release of TopStyle behaved a little
more like HomeSite but there are a couple of things that kill it for me.

The downside of HomeSite is that it does not seem to want to do Python
syntax highlighting. There might be a way to train the thing, but I
haven't looked too far into it.

Another editor I use often is Quanta Gold from theKompany. It is a pretty
good cross platform editor, but there are a few things I don't like about
the way it functions.

Take care,

Waitman

--