[mod_python] tutorial..

Jon-Pierre Gentil jgentil at sebistar.net
Mon Nov 21 09:59:26 EST 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 08:12 am, sergio wrote:

> can anyone suggest a good tutorial or text that covers mod_python?

The documentation for mod_python is not overly long or complex.  Heh, I
printed it out and had it for a bathroom reader for a while.  :-)

> the things that i cannot live without are:
> database (mysql) interaction..

That really has not much at all to do with Python.  There is a very well
known module called MySQLdb that implements a DBAPI-2 compatable
interface for database access.  You'll find it's documentation here:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=26238&group_id=22307

> sessions

Sessions are pretty straightforward.
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-sess-classes.html

> file uploads

File uploads are handled by the FieldStorage class.
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-util-fstor.html

  Jon-Pierre Gentil     KC9CAF    PGP: 0x7E1CBA17
  jabber: jgentil at sebistar.net    web: www.sebistar.net
  "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."