[mod_python] a novice problem

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Sun Nov 13 14:01:52 EST 2005

Juan Manuel Dato wrote:

> Hello, I'm a Spanish user and I had done an innovation with Python.
> I'm not so good in the manage of the nets, so I have some troubles:
>
> 1. When I install Apache I cannot attach it with my domain name, but
> yes with localhost; do I need install a Java Virtual Machine for my PC
> to get a ficticial net?

You do not need Java to run Python or Apache. I would strongly suggest
reviewing the Apache Documentation. Specifically:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/

> 2. If I have only one PC, can I init a session from itself (variables
> session for web)? I cannot do it, is my Apache configuration bad?

I am not sure what you mean here. Do you mean can you use a single
machine for testing? Then yes.

> 3. If I make an innovation (in informatic) that can save lifes, how
> I can ensure nobody will steal the method hiding the only one way to
> program it?

You can't. You can make it harder, but not impossible by any means. I
would suggest looking at:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~astrand/projects/pyobfuscate/

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake