[mod_python] [SOLVED] [Vampire] ".vampire" not loaded but I do not see why

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Nov 9 04:05:56 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:54:37AM +0100,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> [Wed Nov 09 09:52:19 2005] [error] [client] handler_root [1] = None

OK, reading Vampire source code, I found the problem. There was a
small difference between my Apache configuration files.

On the machines which work:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    <Directory /var/www/demo>
      PythonHandler vampire
On the machine which does not:

<VirtualHost *:80>
      PythonHandler vampire

Putting PythonHandler directly in the virtual host is legal in
so it does not raise errors (and it works fine with "normal"
mod_python scripts). But it prevents Vampire to find the handler root.

gives an example with <Directory> but does not say that it is
*mandatory* for Vampire.