[mod_python] Re: Book on mod_python?

Lee Brown administrator at leebrown.org
Fri May 27 10:21:08 EDT 2005

Greetings!

Graham, you have an unparalleled grasp of the inner workings of Mod Python
and I've done a fair bit of technical writing in my time.  I'm game for
co-authoring a book with you.

I think that the structure of the existing Mod Python documentation with
expanded discussion and examples would make an excellent foundation for the
first part of the book.  To that, we could add more advanced topics such as
content templating, servelets, and frameworks.

My current 'pet' project uses Mod Python in conjunction with Apache's Xerces
and Xalan to deliver XHTML web content from XML data using XSLT.  I could
write a bit about that and I suspect that some of the creators of other
framework systems (Vampire, mp_servelets, etc.) could be cajoled into
contributing.

Then again, I might just be crazy...

Best Regards,
Lee E. Brown