[mod_python] Re: Book on mod_python?

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:46:37 EDT 2005

2005/5/27, Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au>:

> On 27/05/2005, at 8:04 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:01:17AM +0200,
> >  Oyvind Ostlund <Oyvind.Ostlund at cern.ch> wrote
> >  a message of 10 lines which said:
> >
> >> I am so sure that I once saw a book on mod_python, but now I can't
> >> seem to find any at all?
> >
> > Same thing for me but I can swear that I'll buy it immediately if
> > Graham writes one :-)
>
> Maybe next year when I have caught up with the documentation on my own
> software. :-)
>
> Anyway, I am still learning how to use mod_python myself, I must just be
> good at making it look like I know something. People would actually be
> quite
> shocked at how little actual web development I have done. I get so
> caught
> up in writing the infrastructure and underlying glue, that I never get
> around to actually using it for anything.
>
> Graham

Well, writing a book is the best way to actually learn something about
its subject :). It's like when you're teaching a group of people. The
best experience I've had of this phenomemon is when I was giving some
Microsoft Word classes to some student ; properly explaining the style
system requires to actually understand it. I would never have found
out about anonymous style inheritance otherwise ;).

As for a mod_python book, I really think this should be done based on
the future 3.2 release rather than based on the 3.1.x versions.

Regards,
Nicolas