SSL-data access from verious handlers. was: Re: [mod_python] problem w/ authen handler

Bud P. Bruegger bud at comune.grosseto.it
Mon May 23 07:03:46 EDT 2005

At 20.47 23/05/2005 +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

>On 23/05/2005, at 6:55 PM, Bud P. Bruegger wrote:
>
>>The concept of Loginhandler is really interesting.  My doubt is whether
>>it would execute before mod-rewrite clicks in?
>
>Since it is essentially executed as part of the content handler phase it
>would be after mod_rewrite. Overall, not sure you will be able to do what
>you want in mod_python as it doesn't give fine enough control. Probably
>simpler for you to write your own DSO in C which does it.
>
>Graham

hmm, I like the idea of python to be able to flexibly apply regular
expressions and similar to massage ID strings and also to rapidly integrate
additional eID types.

Considering that I'm not the first person who wanted access to SSL data
from mod-python, would it be possible/desirable to extend mod-python to see
these?  Alternatively, would it be possible to access internals with
python's ctypes module?

thanks
-b

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D.                 +39-0564-488577
(voice),  -21139 (fax)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati                    e-mail:  bud at comune.grosseto.it
Comune di
Grosseto                            http://www.comune.grosseto.it/cie/
Via Ginori,
43                                      http://OpenPortalGuard.sf.net
58100 Grosseto (Tuscany, Italy)           jabber:  bud at amessage.info

Free Software in Public Administration:  not just a good idea, but a necessity

Perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to be added, but
when there is nothing more to be taken away -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery