[mod_python] Session Problems

Jeremy Kohansimeh jkohans at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:10:05 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have narrowed down the problem I was having to a problem with Session's
save function. Apparently, it locks the session and placing an unlock
statement directly after it fixes the problem. Some code examples do this
and in other places (on this list) I have read that this is not the correct
way to handle it. Is there a general consensus on what the right way to do
this is?

Also, I am having a strange problem that I think may be due to this. I have
saved a session (with the save function) and on a subsequent request attempt
to get the value of an attribute that was saved from it and the attribute no
longer exist. I have performed the load function on it and am at a loss for
why the attribute is gone. I don't think that I am creating another session
object as the pysid cookie is set when 'req.sess = Session.Session( req)' is
executed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy Kohansimeh