[mod_python] Using Twisted inside mod_python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat May 7 01:11:31 EDT 2005

On 07/05/2005, at 1:59 AM, jarrod roberson wrote:
> Depending on what platform you are using, does use of ktrace,
> ptrace, strace or truss, indicate that Apache process is stuck within
> certain
> system calls? These tools should be able to pointed at the process
> using its
> pid. Tools on Mac OS X are good for this sort of debugging as can show
> where
> different threads are and whether they are waiting on locks etc.
>
>  I am using OSX 10.4 so I will look into what it can do, I just got my
> PowerBook in March so that is still a learning curve.

If you have the developer tools, look in /Developer/Applications for the
called
Performance Tools. Haven't got Tiger yet, so don't know if it has been
moved yet again like it was between 10.2 and 10.3.

The application allows you to see what function each thread is in at
the time
of the sample. If Apache is stuck somewhere inside of req.write(), you
should
be able to work out what actual function is causing it to be stuck. If
you
come up with which function is it stuck in, post the stack trace here
and we
can look at why.