[mod_python] apache httpd with makefile

Balaji rbalaji at firstam.com
Tue May 3 17:32:08 EDT 2005

            I am trying to compile an apache httpd module using a makefile
and not using apxs. But when I try to boot apache, it throws the following

Syntax error on line 238 of /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server:

509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a valid format.

Looks like apxs binds in some flags and generates some register functions
into the files before compiling. I am really not sure what it does. Your
help will really really be significant to solve one of our problems.