[mod_python] Communicating between interpreters?

jonk joni.kahara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:22:39 EST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:30:13 +1000, Graham Dumpleton
<grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote:

Thanks a lot all!

> What size video are we talking about and what type of throughput on
> it? Does the server have to handle more than one video stream, or just
> one?

Just one video stream right now. This one "master" would grab and
compress, but these tasks would be delegated to libjpeg etc, so it's
more about copying data around on the python side. I would expect
these video frames to be around 15-20 kilobytes each. And it's for our
web pages (tha place I work for), nothing too serious really.

> You also may want to clarify how you have Apache setup. Are you
> intending
> to run it in standard prefork mode, or are you using a multithreaded MPM
> which may mean one or more processes? If one using a multithreaded MPM
> and one process, most of your problems may vanish. If using more than

Yeah, sorry if I gave too little info. It seems that I am running in forked
mode, as apache.mpm_query(apache.AP_MPMQ_IS_FORKED) is
true, and _IS_THREADED is not true. This is how it was pre-configured
out of box. I'll investigate further.

    Jonk