[mod_python] Communicating between interpreters?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Mar 30 16:30:13 EST 2005

I can provide pointers to a package that may help, but not sure how
it would cope with video as it is a more generic solution for general
internal and interprocess communication. Its architecture may not be
all that good for what you want either. It does though handle
interprocess
communications as well as communications between distinct Python
interpreters in the same process.

What size video are we talking about and what type of throughput on
it? Does the server have to handle more than one video stream, or just
one?

You also may want to clarify how you have Apache setup. Are you
intending
to run it in standard prefork mode, or are you using a multithreaded MPM
which may mean one or more processes? If one using a multithreaded MPM
and one process, most of your problems may vanish. If using more than
one process in prefork or worker modes, then good approach may be for
a distinct application to be running which shoves data into shared
memory
with each Apache process connecting to the shared memory segment to get
the video feed.

Graham