[mod_python] file upload very slow in fieldStorage

Craig Warren craig.warren at encorp.com
Fri Mar 25 11:18:30 EST 2005

Also be aware that  it doesn't stream it in (unless someone can tell me
how to make it stream in), so it seems to read it all into memory (which
might be your slowness, if it has to write to swap a lot) before it
writes it to a tmp file.  We have had problems with this since we are
running on an embedded system that doesn't have a swap, so we run out of
memory.  I have been writing a handler that streams in the file, but
have not completed it yet.  We switched to using WebDav to upload big
files, but you can't really do it from a web interface, but it works
over port 80 and "streams" the files in, which is nice.

Craig