[mod_python] Cookies for domain.com/www.domain.com

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Mar 15 16:13:20 EST 2005

On 16/03/2005, at 2:35 AM, Jason Lanquist wrote:

> First off, thanks so much again for helping me with the config problems
> last week.  I have another newbie question about cookies.  When I login
> to the local server without the "www." prefix, the cookie will be added
> for the domain without the "www."  (example:  http://mydomain.com)
>
> Then the page redirects to a page with the www prefix (example:
> http://www.mydomain.com) and the cookie is not there.  Is there a way
> add 1 cookie that would be valid for both urls or should I just make
> sure that all urls have the www. prefix?  If the latter, how would you
> do this because req uses /home/user/public_html/index.py instead of
> domain.com?

Guessing here, but can you perhaps control that from the Apache
configuration using a configuration directive to always ensure
it is set the same. Just saw that there is a CookieDomain
directive which I'm not really sure what does. I was though
actually more though thinking whether using ServerName to
specify the site name would work.

> Also, is there a way to search through old messages?

Go to www.modpython.org and type in to the search box:

   inurl:pipermail cookie