[mod_python] options to suppress error when accessing module directly with Publisher

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Mar 3 16:50:40 EST 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Yep, you must be using mod_python 2.7.X as there I get:

I am. I'm sorry I didn't test it on my 3.1 installation, where it works
as expected. I made a wrong assumption when I glanced at the current
docs for info on Publisher traversal:

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/hand-pub-alg-trav.html

It turns out that this example refers to the module *and* function,
which are both named index:

  http://www.somehost/index/ will return "We are in index()"

Thanks for pointing out the 3.1 behaviour.

> This is one of the benefits of having publisher code which is outside
> of the main
> release. It can be made to work the same with both 2.7.X and 3.1.X
> versions of mod_python
> and you don't have to suffer the fact that such bugs in 2.7.X will most
> likely never
> be fixed.

True, but I'm revamping the site in preparation for upgrading to apache
2.x/mod_python 3.x, where it won't be an issue.