Fix SpamAssassin (was Re: [SPAM] Re: [mod_python] Point offrustration/disappointment)

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Fri Jul 29 16:34:27 EDT 2005

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> I've got it at 2.4 right now, otherwise I seem to be getting an aweful
> lot of "check your paypal account" sent to grisha at modpython.org and
> cc-ing the list, which appears to be some kind of a (perhaps not so) new
> spamming technique.
>
> I'm not a spamassassin expert - is 2.4 too low?

If you can, run the latest version, which defaults to 5. Then you can
make minor adjustments to the standard scores in spamassassin's
local.cf, as needed (I've only needed to make a few).

I quarantine messages marked as spam by SA in the postfix hold queue.
The few that I release don't have an altered Subject: line, so it's
transparent to the recipient. I just comment that out in local.cf:

# rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****

Reinjection by SA varies by setup. You may be able to do a header check
to perform a desired action on spam messages.